Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Time of Year

It's the time of year most of us, regardless of what we celebrate, take a bit of time to reflect on the year past, dream of what we may accomplish in 2009, and enjoy the hours we get to spend with family and friends.

And because we're all writers, we also get to take guilt-free time to read! Right now I'm enjoying Elizabeth Peter's new one, The Laughter of Dead Kings, her first Vicky Bliss novel in a decade. Next in line is The Headhunters by Peter Lovesey, a new author to me, but the premise of the story caught my imagination. And then followed by any books that might be under my tree!

Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, or Solstice, there is a mystery to each that is part of what makes it a special holiday. Enjoy!

Libby McKinmer
Romance with an edge
www.libbymckinmer.com
http://www.twitter.com/LibbyMcKinmer
libby@libbymckinmer.com

3 comments:

Christine Duncan said...

OOOH, thank you Libby! A new Elizabeth Peter's Vicky Bliss novel. AND it's Christmas! Life is good. I am going to the bookstore.

Dana Fredsti said...

I cannot WAIT to read the new Vicky Bliss! I don't have time to read over the holidays, but once February 1st hits, that's the first thing I'm gonna read.

Happy Holidays, all!

Morgan Mandel said...

Well, I already have a stack to read. I'll have to add your suggestion to my to be read wish list also now.

Shoveled snow today, then went visiting and shopping. Time for rest since I'll be cooking tomorrow.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com