Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fringe Benefits

One of my favorite books in my Rocky Bluff P.D. series is Fringe Benefits about a very bad cop. The only place to read it is on the Kindle. Fringe Benefits

I actually knew a police officer who had many of the traits as the anti-hero in my book though he wasn't "quite" as bad as his fictional counterpart. He was the one who I pictured in my mind when I wrote about him.

This is the book that introduces Officer Gordon Butler, the poor guy who nothing seems to go right for--and what happens to him is a real wing-dinger. Things don't get much better for him in later books either. Next year I'll have an entire book about him because people really like poor Gordon despite the cloud of misfortune that hovers over him. When Gordon was looking for a place to live, one of my friends caught herself wanting to offer him a room to rent. He's also a bit of comic relief in later books.

Not all the past books are in e-book form yet, I discovered while looking for links. But I do try to write each one as a stand alone so any can be read without it being a problem. In this series it's pretty easy to do since I focus on different members of the Rocky Bluff P.D. in each book.

Marilyn aka F.M. Meredith

1 comment:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I'm in Sedona AZ with my Acer and shaky wifi.