Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Taking a break -writer style.

Two days ahead of schedule, I turned in a 'complete' manuscript to my editor checking off writing book #2 of my eKensington series.  Now, I have one book left to write for my contract.  It's due November 1st.  I have 4 months. I need 3.

Now, if you think I'm going to talk about taking a long, restful vacation. Maybe fishing on Warm Lake like the guys in the picture? Uhm, have you met me?  No, my break time will be spent returning to my world of romance.

So instead of diving back into the California cozy world I'm building, I'm working on some romance projects. The first one is a completely new story. Not a continuation of either the Bull Rider's series or The Council series.  Brand new people, new world, new setting. Having a solid three chapters and a partial, I'm setting that project aside and returning to Shawnee, Idaho - or actually Boise, where my bull rider is finding his days of the player coming to a close.

I was writing Jesse's story when I sold my cozy series and had to put the book away while I got the first two books on my editors desk. And I don't have much time before I have to return to book #3. So I'll be focusing on finishing by the end of July. 33000 words in 24 days. Or 1375 a day. Not unworkable. But a challenge.

Wish me luck.

What are your summer plans? Do you have a fun project you 'want' to finish?
Lynn

3 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

I'm getting an anthology ready for release, and am also releasing the stories individually. That's keeping me busy editing and including the little extras at the beginning and ending of the books.

Morgan Mandel
http://www.morganmandel.com

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I'm editing a new Rocky Bluff P.D. mystery, but taking some time off to go to the PSWA conference this week.

Lynn Cahoon said...

Morgan - I so admire your project.

Marilyn - Have fun at PSWA! Pacific Society of Writers Alliance?