Monday, August 27, 2018

How to Bake a Murder Was a Pleasure to Read

Now that I'm part of the older generation, I find it difficult to discover books containing heroines with whom I can relate. Many books seem to be about younger people. 

However,  I did stumble upon a great cozy mystery called How to Bake a Murder by K.J. Emrick. In it, the older heroine is actually depicted as savvy and kindhearted, not a feeble woman who does dumb things. 

If you'd like to read my review, you can find it at this link.

This ebook is available on Amazon and worth checking out.



Morgan Mandel



2 comments:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Nice review. Yes, it's hard to find older heroines in cozies. Especially older savvy heroines. This sounds like a good book.

authorlindathorne said...

Murder She Wrote comes to mind for me, but that was a TV series and not a book. My lead is pushing 50, but too me, that's young these days. Maybe Agatha Raisin, but I don't think she's much older than mid fifties. I'm going to go read the review you mentioned now. Thanks.