Tuesday, March 12, 2019

2019 Has Had a Bumpy Start for Me

I'd expected to have a new Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery out by now, but it hasn't happened as yet.  I feel confident that it will appear sooner or later.

Within a one week period I fell twice. Once at the post office, tripping over a 1/2 inch curb. Hurt my knee, head and hand and had a trip to the ER in an ambulance. Not big injuries but lots of bruises. The next day, hubby, daughter and I drove through a snow storm to go to a meeting in Ventura. We got there fine--I was the one that had to attend the 3 day meeting, hubby stayed with two daughters.

We came home on Monday, I did a big wash on Tuesday and caught up with a lot of chores, then of all things, on Wednesday I tripped over a rug in the house and hurt the same knee and the other one too, banged my head and hurt the same hand in a different place. Did not go to the ER this time. However, I am learning to use the walker in the house.

What I really want to do is work on my book in progress--so some good news about that. I needed to know some information about cadaver dogs and the conditions of dead bodies over a long period of time, and though a lot of people gave me some information, one of my friends in the Public Safety Writers Association put me in touch with a woman who has a cadaver dog and works with a sheriff's department. She's been giving me lots of help.

Looking forward, I know the road ahead won't be smooth all the time, but I'm looking forward to those, and I'm sure I can manage the bumpy ones.

So how has your 2019 been so far?

Marilyn


5 comments:

Patricia Gligor's Writers Forum said...

Marilyn,
I'm sorry to hear that your 2019 has gotten off to such a rough start. My 2017 ended on a "bumpy" road too so I understand. But, thankfully, I got past that - just like you will.
One of my favorite sayings is: Some days you get the bear and, some days, the bear gets you.
As you know, I love your books and I look forward to reading many more of them!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Thank you for your kind words, Patricia!

authorlindathorne said...

Sorry, to hear about your injuries. I've been real careful lately because I had 2 close calls. I was rushing to put something up on one of our bulletin boards at work and simply stumbled on plain old carpet and almost went hurling into the air, but grabbed hold of a nearby large trash can. I think I'm getting too old to walk fast in high heels - maybe shouldn't wear them. Something else jostled me on the stairs at work. I'm walking carefully these days. I'm sure you are too since you actually did fall. That can be frightening.

Morgan Mandel said...

I've been watching Crossing Jordan on Start TV, a fairly new station, but also enjoy Blue Bloods, The Good Doctor The Resident, Chicago Fire. I'd seen almost every episode of Bones before it came on Amazon.

Ankit Sethi said...

Thanks for sharing the article.really your article is good for mysteries.you write nice books which is based on mysterious stories.