Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Woo Hoo, Going on Vacation!



Recently, I had someone ask if I ever just did nothing. The answer was and is no. I always have something to do--but I do take time out and watch some TV--that's my resting time. And of course, I do plenty of reading.

I consider the away from home book events as vacation. Recently spoke at the Central Coast Sisters in Crime writing conference, and had a great time, at the conference where I learned too and best of all got to see good friends of mine who live on the coast.

However, along with my husband, and middle daughter who serves as our driver, I'm headed to very Southern California to visit our eldest daughter and husband, and our youngest daughter is going to be there for a day too.

All the sisters and me, along with two granddaughters and two great granddaughters are going to do venture into another Escape Room. We've all had experience with other escape rooms--always fun even if we don't solve all the clues.

While there we'll do lots and lots of visiting, play games, eat some great meals at home and in restaurants, and however the spirit leads us.

And speaking of spirits, my latest Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery, Spirit Wind, is now available on Amazon in paper and for Kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/Spirit-Wind-Tempe-Crabtree-Mysteries/dp/1092112081/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=spirit+wind+by+marilyn+meredith&qid=1555085319&s=books&sr=1-1-fkmrnull

The official blurb is: A call from a ghost hunter changes Deputy Tempe Crabtree;s vacation plans. Instead of going to the coase, she and her husband are headed to Tehachapi to investigate a haunted house and are confronted by voices on the wind, a murder, and someone out to get them.

When this post appears, I'll be enjoying my second day of my vacation.

For my next post, I'll report how we did in the Escape room.

Marilyn


3 comments:

authorlindathorne said...

I'd be interested in hearing more about these "escape rooms." Is this part of some amusement park I haven't heard about? It sure sounds fun. Congratulations on having yet another book published and released!

Morgan Mandel said...

Have a great vacation!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Escape Rooms are all over. I've done 3 of them. This last one was the best, based on Medieval Times. You have to solve a lot of puzzles to get to the end. We made it with 15 seconds to spare. And we'd have never done it without some younger minds. The group consisted of my 3 daughters, 1 granddaughter, and 2 great-grands. It's fun.