Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Taking Time Off




Yes, I did--and had a great time with family, and going to an Escape Room. This was the third time I've done this with family members. You'd think since I write mysteries I'd be really good at figuring out the clues. Nope, I'm too slow.

In these rooms you have one hour to solve the mystery. By the time I think I know what should be done, one of the younger members of our crew had solved the problem and moved on. Though everyone contributed, the under 30 group was the quickest--a granddaughter in her late twenties, a great-granddaughter who just turned 21 and another who is 17.

Don't get me wrong, everyone figured different things out, and when they were stuck, I told them what they should check again, and I was right. (Another problem I had, it was very dark, and I couldn't read some of the directions--clues that we found. It was supposed to be night time in the castle, with only candlelight to see by.)

These rooms are all different, and great fun. This one was set in medieval times. Another was a treasure hunt, and we didn't quite finish in time. The second I don't quite remember the theme, but it had something to do with paintings--and we didn't do well at all. Some are more difficult than others, and you can ask for clues when you get stuck.

But this last one went great and we finished with 15 seconds left.

If you've never done one of these rooms, gather a group and try it.

And while I was gone, my good friend Lorna Collins was busily getting my Deputy Tempe Crabtree books ready to be published again. I'm loving the covers.

Here's an older one called Intervention (my first locked room mystery) that is once more available.


Available for Kindle and Trade paperback.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1095685120/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Marilyn Meredith



2 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Those Escape Rooms seem kind of scary to me. I'd probably get claustrophobia!

John Hardy said...

Such a great idea you share with us. I really love it. You done very nice work in this article. Thanks for sharing this article. Now it's time to avail Shutter repair near me for more information.