Sunday, October 6, 2019

Being Present


Make Mine Mystery





Oct. 6, 2019
Linda Lee Kane

I’ve been having a difficult time writing lately, possibly why I missed writing this post yesterday. 
What I’ve discovered is that my mind has been wondering, or I’m bored, or depressed, or way to busy to write. What I’m lacking is being present. The ‘being’ in the moment. I’ve been so concerned over results, that I’m stuck.

I know how important it is to stay in the present, when I ride my horses, I know if I break my concentration, look at a car passing, another horse, I may fall, get hurt, or get my horse injured.

As a writer, if I’m not present, I am unproductive. My mind wanders, and I end up thinking instead of writing. I worry that my novel won’t be good enough, I worry about the ‘reviews’ instead of enjoying the process of writing.

If I’m at a book signing, ignore what people are saying or asking, I lose that opportunity to connect with another person. Which is a great opportunity, and yet, I worry about it.




 The more present I am in any given situation, the better the results I achieve, in every aspect of my life.
.


1 comment:

Morgan Mandel said...

Great advice about living in the present!