Saturday, October 25, 2008

Psychic Mysteries by Jean Henry Mead

A Ouija board introduced me to the realm of mystery. As a young teen, my cousins and I also discovered table tapping. Sitting around a small table with our hands lightly resting on its top, we asked the table questions. The room was dark with the exception of a burning candle.

After the question was asked, the table would lift high enough to tap two legs on the floor, once for yes, twice for no. Each of us swore we weren't causing the table to move, but tap the floor it did, causing some of us to run from the room screaming. But that didn't stop us from repeating our spooky game every chance we could.
The Ouija board was supposed to predict the future, but my cousin Mary didn't marry Sam Gufstason, the name spelled out on the board more than once. It was during this period that I discovered my psychic ability. One night before spending the night at Mary's house, I dreamed she would be waiting to scare me in a dark, L-shaped hallway.

The following night, after leaving the bathroom to return to bed, I knew that she was there in the hall, although I couldn't see her. From then on, I had premonitions of things to come. Once, unbeknown to me, my sister-in-law gave birth to a premature baby. When the phone rang, I grasped the receiver, saying, "It's a boy." When I put the phone to my ear, I heard my brother-in-law say exactly the same thing. I always seemed know who was on the phone years before caller I.D. was available. I have to admit it was a bit unnerving.

A news reporter during the Vietnam War, my beat was the nation's largest Naval Air Station in Lemoore, California. I instinctively knew which pilots would never return home. I didn't want to know and did my best to block out any psychic revelations that came my way. Eventually, I was successful. Now, I welcome them and the premonitions are beginning to return.
I also found that I could accurately read palms and people appeared at my door asking for readings. I obliged them and probably could have made a career of it, but foretelling unfortunate events really takes its toll.

I haven't read a palm since visiting my brother at his coast guard station years ago. One night at the base in Neah Bay, I did an impromptu reading at the NCO club. A young man asked if I knew when he had been born. When I told him, he backed away, yelling, "You're a witch." Another reason I blocked my psychic power. I don't look good in tall, black, pointed hats.
I now realize that I was probably responsible for the table taping as a teen, and years later I actually met Sam Gufstason, who was married to a woman named Mary.

By the way, I'm writing a book about my mysterious psychic experiences.

10 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Wow, Jean.
What a great book idea and you have personal experience which will make it authentic!

Another movie could be in the making!

Morgan Mandel
www.morganmandel.com

Jean Henry Mead said...

Thanks, Morgan. This is one great site. Thanks for inviting me to participate!

Jean
JanHenryMead.com

Mark Troy said...

Hi Jean,
Great post! I've always been a skeptic about psychic experiences, but I really enjoy hearing other people's experiences and reading tales of the supernatural. There are a lot of dimensions to life that none of us understand. i certainly don't have all, or even any, answers, so your experiences are great food for the imagination.

Jean Henry Mead said...

I'm afraid I'd also be skeptic if it wasn't happening to me, Mark. Everyone has psychic ability but some of us are more intune to the cosmic vibrations (if thta's what it is). And most people, who are attuned, are frightened by premonitions and shut them out, as I have done in the past.

Dana Fredsti said...

This was a fascinating post and I can't wait to read your book on your experiences, Jean!

Jean Henry Mead said...

Thanks, Dana. I'm working on three books similtaneously so it will probably be a while. :0)

Dana Fredsti said...

Jean, I feel your writing schedule pain...I'm working on two (one fiction, one non), both due February, and feel a bit schizophrenic. So I won't nag you unmercifully re: the book on your experiences, but will wait patiently. :-)

Jean Henry Mead said...

Thanks, Dana. BTW, I have a mystery novel, A Village Shattered, coming out around the first of December that features a psychic. It's a senior sleuth mystery that's sprinkled with humor.

Good luck with both books due in February! The holidays are not a great to write. :)

Jean Henry Mead said...

Thanks, Dana. BTW, I have a mystery novel, A Village Shattered, coming out around the first of December that features a psychic. It's a senior sleuth mystery that's sprinkled with humor.

Best of luck with both books due in February! The holidays are not a great time to write. :)

psychic mystery said...

i used the ouija board sometimes and nothing really happen, maybe i did it wrong?