Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Deputy Tempe Crabtree Mystery Coming Soon


This is number 10 (I think) in my Deputy Tempe Crabtree series. Doesn't really matter, I'm as excited as if it were number one.

The reason I'm never quite sure how many books in the series, is because of the series multiple publishers. The first four were published by a small press in Bakersfield and put out in mass market paperback. Actually there was a book that came before those, but that publisher wasn't interested. Because I had another small press who published other books of mine, they published that book. That made five.

Sadly the first publisher died, so I looked for another publisher. I discovered Mundania and was delighted when I was offered a contract with them. They've published four books in the series, and Invisible Path will be number five.

And if my math is right, that adds up to ten.

Though I write each book as if it were a stand-alone, I don't want anyone to feel that they have to start in the beginning, there is a bit of carry-over in this one. In the last, Dispel the Mist, the Hairy Man is introduced. He has a part in this book too.

Now it's time to start planning signings and the like. Have already set a date in my favorite used book store (the only book store within miles). I'll probably have a signing at our family reunion in Barstow. Had one there last year and sold as many books as I do at a lot of bookstores. We always meet at the Holiday Inn Express in Barstow and the kindly let me have my signing in the breakfast room when no one is there.

That's enough about that--just wanted people to know about Invisible Path which should be available sometime this month from Mundania Press http://mundania.com and all the usual places.

Marilyn

2 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Congratulations, Marilyn!
Much success with the new book in your series.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Thanks, Morgan. Not sure exactly when I'll have a copy in my hot little hand, but I'm working on promo while trying to write another book.

Marilyn Meredith
http://fictionforyou.com