Monday, February 9, 2015

A New Look for My First Published Book - Two Wrongs



Back in 2006, my first book, a mystery called Two Wrongs, was published by Hard Shell Word Factory, followed the next year by my romantic comedy, Girl of My Dreams.

Then, things came to a standstill and the publisher sold to another publisher. My books stagnated. Finally, wising up to the situation, I self-published, with new covers. I've not regretted that decision. Lots more decisions and lots of marketing involved, but I'm still enjoying the ride, and self-publishing with at least one new offering a year, sometimes more.

Girl of My Dreams is still by far the most popular of  my books, and I believe its new cover designed by Stephen Walker, with my collaboration, is one reason.

Still, Two Wrongs, my first published child, remains in my heart. Stephen and I had collaborated on a new cover for that one as well, but since then, I decided to go with something less busy.

So, this month I devised a new cover, which you'll see on the left. To design it, I chose stock photos from Dreamstime.com and used the Picmonkey.com program to put it all together.

It's a story set in Chicago, told from the hero's and the antagonist's points of view, where one murder leads to more.

Here are a few quotes from reviews of Two Wrongs 

“an intriguing mix of emotion and action” 
"fast paced, suspenseful with interesting characters," 
"it held my attention with twists and turns.” 

Hopefully, this first book child of mine will now enjoy a new life through its new cover!




Find all of Morgan Mandel's mysteries, thrillers and
romances at her Amazon Author Page:

http://www.amazon.com/author/morganmandel

Excerpts at: http://www.morgansbooklinks.blogspot.com

Twitter: @MorganMandel

2 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Most readers don't have a clue what goes into writing a book, but you covered it quite nicely!

Jean Henry Mead said...

I love the new cover, Morgan. Best of luck with sales.