Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Post-Valentine Romantic Tale

My first great-grandchild, Brandon, surprised his girlfriend by proposing to her when she left the auditorium after a Christmas concert this past December. Of course she said yes. The wedding is scheduled for March 6th and they are busily prepearing for it.

Brandon is 21 and his intended, Cymone, 20. People who know them think they're too young--but my hubby was 21 and I had just turned 18 when we married--and we're going on 64 years. I don't think age has anything to do with it. 

What is important is not giving up.  It's never easy--no  matter how much you think you love one another.

I'm hoping for the best for these kids. Like my hubby and I did, they're starting out on a shoestring. But both come from families who don't have much, so that probably won't bother them. 



As great grandma, I'm looking forward to this wedding. We've had lots of weddings in our family, each one different from any of the others.

And to bring this around to mysteries, no matter what kind of book you're writing, it's always good to have at least a touch of romance. After all, our lives our filled with romance of one kind or another.

Marilyn

4 comments:

Kaye George said...

How wonderful! Congrats to all and many wishes for all the best.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

as usual I see a typo--can't seem to do a blog post without at least one. Thanks, Kaye.

Morgan Mandel said...

What a romantic picture!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

They are darling--not just because he's my great-grandson. They work hard together at our church, she'll make a terrific pastor's wife.