Tuesday, September 5, 2017

What's Interfering with my Writing Now



Any of my Facebook followers know that there is a big fire around Springville where I live. My little town is situated in the foothills of the Sierra, surrounded by mountains of many sizes.

We live on the downside of the town, but many have chosen to have their homes in the higher elevations surrounded by many beautiful trees.

As I'm writing this, there's been many evacuations of homes in the mountainous areas, and even an area only a couple of miles from town. The fire has moved all the way over to Black Mountain which is part of the Indian Reservation.

Though there are many firefighters and volunteers, fire trucks and bulldozers available, the biggest problem is the rugged terrain with no roads to access. Because of the heavy smoke, the air bombers haven't been able to fly.

Our little church has opened its doors to anyone who needs shelter. We do have a shower and places where people can rest and sleep, plus a kitchen and food. Food because we have a food pantry.

I had planned to work on my manuscript this a.m. but I am continually checking the fire status. My hope is by the time this is to appear, I can add some good news.

Marilyn

1 comment:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

We evacuated for three days, but our family stayed behind to take care of our animals. Fortunately, though the fire came really close, we were okay. The fire is still burning in many places and it continues to be very smoky, but we're doing okay. Much better than some of the other fire areas.