Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Landmarks in Life and in My Writing

Family is a big part of my life--and it's a big family. It got even bigger this year with the births of one great-great grandchild (making 2 great-greats), and three great grands.

The big landmark in my writing is this:

I've written over 40 books! Some of them have been republished, others are waiting for that to happen.

For a long time I've been saying I was nearing 40, but so many no longer appeared on Amazon for various reasons. When Lorna Collins decided to make sure all my books were available on Amazon, that changed. (No, I didn't ask her to do that. Yes, she's a good friend who I met long ago at a writing conference. We do live in the same state, but I don't get to see her often. California is a long state and she lives in the southern part and I'm in the middle, or central part.) Believe me, I am truly grateful, it was a huge undertaking. In the process, between the two of us, every book was re-edited.

And of course they have to be  promoted so that people know some of the older ones are once again available--except for the Rocky Bluff P.D. mystery series.

After getting my rights back, those books will now be republished by Aakenbaaken and Kent. The first in the series has been re-edited and is now on Amazon in print and for Kindle, Final Respects. Yes, it's been re-edited.

https://www.amazon.com/Final-Respects-Rocky-Police-Department-ebook/dp/B078KFKPJX/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1515508774&sr=1-1&keywords=final+respect+by+f.+m.+meredith




I've gone over the next three in the series, and it's just a matter of time before they are ready to go.

This has been quite a process and taken lots of time--but so well worth it.

Now on to other things, have a Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery to plan.

What exciting things have happened in your life recently?

Marilyn





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Retiring 3 months ago after 37 years of being a cop. And now I am working on that list of things to do when I retire. Looking forward to what happens next and getting caught up on the earlier Tempe books I haven't read yet. :)

Marja said...

You amaze me, Marilyn. Forty books is quite an accomplishment, and they're books I enjoy.

As for me? We sold a house, bought another house and moved. I'm finally getting back to writing. I had to put it on hold for a while.

Morgan Mandel said...

Glad it's all working out for you!