Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Why Do You Write?

Recently, we learned of a fellow writer who passed away unexpectedly. Though extremely talented, she never reached her full potential, mainly wrote about what she wanted to write someday. She felt unless she made a lot of money, she was wasting her time.

Though I've never made a lot of money, I've never felt like I was wasting my time by writing.

I enjoy writing. I'm thrilled when I hear from one of my fans that they really liked one of my books. Receiving a good review is like a reward.

But as far as why I write--it's what I do. I spend a lot of time with the characters I've created, and I always want to know what's going to happen to them next. The only way to find out is to write the next book.

Besides writing, I find myself doing a lot of promoting.

Recently, Mundania who publishes my Deputy Tempe Crabtree series reedited and redid the covers on several of the books in the series.




These are the first two and are now available.



In the meantime, the latest in my Rocky Bluff P.D. series, Tangled Webs will be sold for only .99 cents for Kindle from Friday, January 25th through Monday, January 28th.  Anytime there's a sale like this, lots of promotion needs to be done. So of course I've been busy with that too. It will be interesting to see how this goes.

If you want to check it out, here's the link

'
The sale starts this Friday.

How about you, why do you write?

Marilyn

3 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Sometimes I wonder why I write. I'm certainly not getting rich off of it. Still, there's something about writing that compels me to keep going.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I feel like I have to write, Morgan. As for the money, it would be nice, but certainly not the main reason for writing.

Clipping Solutions said...


Well, I truly enjoyed reading it. This subject provided by you is very effective for proper planning.Background Removal Service
Car Image Editing service
clipping path service