Friday, May 20, 2011

A Logan & Cafferty Character Interview

Dana Logan and Sarah Cafferty are two feisty 60-year-old amateur sleuths traveling Northern Arizona in their motorhome when they discover the body of a young woman in her Mercedes convertible. I decided to interview Sarah after they had helped to bring down a gang of homegrown terrorists:

Author: Why is it that you and Dana are always stumbling over bodies?

Sarah: They don’t call us murder magnets for nothing.

Author: It’s a pretty gruesome hobby, don’t you think?

Sarah: And expensive. Dana wrecked two motorhomes and two Hummers since the series started.

Author: Why two Hummers?

Sarah: You should know. You wrote the plot.

Author: I don’t plan plots in advance. I just sit down and type as fast as I can to keep up with you two. And you get into some of the darndest situations.

Sarah: I was sound asleep when Dana stopped the motorhome along 1-40 in northern Arizona when that Mercedes convertible went off the road. I didn’t tell her to stop.

Author: I know, but you stayed in the RV when the trucker, Big Ruby” McCurdy stopped to help. Why didn’t you accompany them to investigate?

Sarah: It was pouring down rain.

Author: You’re not the wicked witch of the West. You wouldn’t have melted.

Sarah: Somebody had to stay in the coach when the killer shot out the tires.

Author: Why?

Sarah: So I could report what he looks like. You’re a mystery writer. You should know that.

Author: You’re getting awfully snippy in your old age, Sarah.

Sarah: Looks who’s talking. You’re not exactly a spring chicken yourself.

Author: I think I’d rather speak to your friend Dana.

Sarah: She’s recuperating from that whiplash she suffered when the killer’s truck hit the back of our Escalade. She’s not too happy with you right now.

Author: All in a day’s work. The Logan & Cafferty mystery/suspense series would be awfully boring if I allowed you two widows to sit around knitting.

Sarah: What have you got planned for us in your next murder mystery? A ride over Niagara Falls in a barrel?

(Murder on the Interstate is available at Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble and other online outlets.)

2 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Sarah sounds like a fun and feisty character!

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://facebook.com/morgan.mandel

Earl Staggs said...

This was great fun, Jean. I recently began reading Murder on the Interstate and am already in love with Dana and Sarah. They are excellent characters and I'm enjoying every minute I'm spending withn them.