Monday, August 29, 2011

Quirks by Morgan Mandel

I'm watching a program about hoarders on A & E tonight. It reminded me about the possibilities we have when carving out our characters to steer our readers one way or another.

We can give each character a quirky personality and confuse the readers so much they can't figure out who is the villain. Or, we can make everyone seem normal and one person seem strange. That way we steer the readers into thinking the strange person is guilty. That may or may not be the case. It can be fun to pretend someone different is at fault, and then make the normal appearing person guilty.

Can you relate to this when writing or reading?


Morgan Mandel


1 comment:

xlpharmacy.com said...

I've been watching the same program at A & E and it's great don't you think??? As for me this shows me that I can create any character quickly.