Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hoping to Get Away for a Few Days

Though I have a lot of family nearby, I'm missing my eldest daughter. She and her grown kids and their kids live about 6 hours away. To get there, one must drive through terrible Southern California traffic. It's been far too long since I've seen any of them so I'm hoping to go down there the week this is supposed to appear.

In the meantime, I'm planning one of those free e-book days, working on a basic outline (I know, I always say I do plot ahead of time) so that I'll know where I'm headed with my new Rocky Bluff P.D. book. I have many ideas for side plots, just not the main idea for the murder mystery. (Only the most important part.)

I always like to come up with ways that the side plots can sort of tie in with the main plot in the end. Doesn't always work out, but that's what I aim for.

Yes, I've promised myself to get with it and get those ideas down on paper, so I can begin. Once I have some basic ideas and names for the new characters along with the basic ideas of who they are and how they'll fit in, I can start.

Oh, and that means coming up with a great first line.

Okay, enough of this for now. I'll get back to you when I have some further developments. Wish me luck--both for the trip and the book.

Marilyn aka F. M. Meredith

I guess we might call this--Marilyn against the wall.

No comments: