Tuesday, January 26, 2021

SELDOM TRAVELED ON SALE FOR .99 CENTS


 Yep, I'm doing it again, from February 3 - 7,  Seldom Traveled  will be on sale for Kindle for only .99 cents. (I had to change the dates because of a glitch on Amazon.)

This one has a missing fugitive, the murder of a wealthy visitor to Bear Creek, and a raging forest fire. 

I love this cover, the graphic is representing an eagle who plays an important part in the story.

Here's a great (and slightly condensed version) of a review that gives you a preview of the story:

5 Stars:

This is my first time reading Marilyn Meredith, but I've found that I've always enjoyed books with Native American characters. I love the spirituality normally displayed and this book was no exception. In fact, the climatic ending made this a true winner for me. If my time permitted, I'd be reading the entire series...

Initially, Tempe was assigned the responsibility of interviewing persons of interest; however, so many emergencies were happening at one time, that Tempe moved deeper and deeper into the investigation, finding clues that had been overlooked, including a potential threat note that had fallen and become hidden. And through it all, readers watch her intelligence and savvy shine through as she calmly evaluates each situation and then acts to get through the latest crisis, saving others from the danger...

Another wonderfully drawn character was Nick Two John who owned an Inn and with whom Crabtree often interacted in the course of her duties... Readers can almost believe he is a shaman as he prepared tea or something to eat, seeming to know in advance she will be coming and need sustenance. Then as she spent time sharing about what case she was dealing with, Two John would leave her with a message to ponder and hopefully remember and act upon.

Surely, with Two John and her husband constantly keeping Tempe in their thoughts, she was walking a spiritual walk... And her fellow officers were right there when needed to support her. While graphic violence is downplayed in the books, Tempe still finds herself in life-and-death situations and finds her way out again...Kudos to the author for bringing Tempe Crabtree to life for her readers!

The setting, the characters, and the mystery come together in a wonderful blend! Grab a cup of tea! I read the book in one sitting and could easily have kept on reading if all of the mysteries hadn't been solved... I was hooked and so hope I get the chance to read more of this fascinating series!

GABixlerReviews

 Only on sale from February 1- February 5. 

https://www.amazon.com/Seldom-Traveled-Tempe-Crabtree-Mysteries-ebook/dp/B07QM2QX7V/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Seldom+Traveled+by+Marilyn+Meredith&qid=1610491413&s=digital-text&sr=1-1

If you haven't read it already, this is a great time to start.


4 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Good luck with your new promotion!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I don't know why I do these things. Hopefully it'll stir up some action for the series.

authorlindathorne said...

That's a great review. Really great.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Things didn't turn out as I hoped. Amazon messed up with the start date, we got a later one but it didn't run 5 days only 4. So didn't get as many sales as I'd hoped. Oh well, there's always next time.