Monday, April 8, 2013

There's Always Hope

http://music.yahoo.com/photos/luke-bryan-accepts-award-entertainer-48th-annual-academy-photo-080404935.html

It's no secret that I'm a country and western fan. There's something about the music and words that strike a chord in me. Country seems so real. I much prefer listening to a country tune over rock, heavy metal, hip hop or rap.

I also enjoy watching their award shows. Last night was the ACMs - Academy of Country Music Awards. In an award show, anything can happen. I figured Blake Shelton or his wife, Miranda Lambert, might possibly win the coveted Entertainer of the Year Award instead of  the multi-winner, Taylor Swift. Since I've always love Blake's and Miranda's songs, I was prepared to be happy if either of them won.

What I didn't expect was that Luke Bryan, a relative newcomer, would come from behind and win Entertainer of the Year! Since I always bet on underdogs when I go to the racetrack, I was thrilled! I didn't think he had a chance; yet, with the help of the fans, he pulled off what seemed the impossible.

Even better, the guy was truly humble and grateful. I like that in an entertainer. This morning, someone on the radio said Luke started out playing from the back of his truck at Solder's Field in Chicago. Somehow his tunes and talent won over country fans, and what a success story!

What does this have to do with books? Well, it goes to show there's always hope. If you try hard enough and do the best you can, your dream might come true. That dream might be to complete a book, or to publish a book, to get a contract, or, even the lofty goal of having a bestseller!

Whatever yours is, remember, there's always hope!


4 comments:

Patricia Gligor's Writers Forum said...

How true! My favorite saying is, "If you can dream it, you can do it!"

Steven J. Wangsness said...

Hope is what keeps you going when everything else says, Ah, give up already!

Shaunda said...

Thanks for sharing this story, Morgan. I'm missed the awards, but I love the story of a "newcomer" breaking in. Yes, there is always hope!

Morgan Mandel said...

Hope is a wonderful thing!