Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Working on a New Book--and it Hasn't Been Easy

Because of big ongoing trauma in our family, and then some good stuff too--I've not been working on my next Rocky Bluff P.D. mystery as I should have been--nor have I done the editing needed on my next Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery so I can send it off to the publisher.

The trauma of course was my son's severe beating on the job and then him not getting proper medical care at first--all is going well now thanks to a wonderful brain trauma rehab center. The good stuff was his daughter and her husband coming out to visit from North Carolina for a week with their seven month-old-daughter.

He looks good, doesn't he? Still not perfect, but way, way better.

So now it's time to get busy and write, write, write. I need to be thinking and writing about the police officers of Rocky Bluff P.D. and their families, what's going on with them while they are investigating a murder case.

To get myself in the mood, I'm thinking small California coastal town, smelling the salt air, and remembering the layout of the town.



I do know where I'm going with this one, know the title, all it's going to take his place my fanny down on the chair in front of my computer and writing.

Marilyn aka F. M. Meredith

8 comments:

River Glynn said...

When life happens it doesn't take into account previous commitments. I learned that a year ago with my stroke. You sound like a strong woman with a great support structure, and that is critical. I look forward to getting to know you and your work. Sharon Moore (new OTP author)

Gloria Alden said...

He does look good, Marilyn. I'm glad he's coming along well. I know too well about life happening that is not always good. Good luck with the writing.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Yes, we all have our problems--though they seem small in the wake of what happened in Boston. I still have my son, my arms and my legs and my feet.

WS Gager said...

Marilyn: It is refreshing to see you admit that you have difficulty getting in the seat and writing. I so want to be you when I grow up and it is good to know that sometimes the schedule goes by the wayside.
Wendy
P.S.: I'm never growing up.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I've had a worse time actually getting to this book for too many reasons. Another is that I've been getting jobs that pay money and haven't turned them down.

Morgan Mandel said...

You get a lot more accomplished than I do!

Morgan Mandel
http://www.morganmandel.com

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

You just think that, Morgan.

Jean Henry Mead said...

I'm glad that your son is better and enjoying his granddaughter. I've had problems getting back to work on my fifth Logan & Cafferty novel, A Murder in Paradise, while vacationing in RV "paradise," so I certainly understand.