Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Well, Darn, I haven't a new book to brag about!

Actually, I have one finished--sort of--a Rocky Bluff P.D. What sort of means is that I haven't quite finished reading it to my writers' group, and I haven't gone over it all the way myself. That's what I'm in the process of doing, though I've had many distractions. Next, I'll send it off to be edited. The biggest being that the publishing house that series is with is in a major flux. More about that at a later time.

I do have a title for it, absolutely no idea for a cover, but hopefully I'll think of one before too long.

I really, really should be starting on a Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery but only have ideas flitting around in my brain, nothing written down as yet.

I've been busy--besides with holiday stuff--doing work that actually brings in some money, so my writing has been put aside.

Family life around here is always lively, because we have three generations living on the property--my granddaughter and her family which consists of her hubby and two darling little girls who live in the house with us. In the small house next door our son and his wife reside. We eat many meals together and I do the majority of the cooking.(I like to cook.)

And of course, there are promotion plans ahead--I have plenty of books to sell at book fairs and when I give presentations.

Hoping to soon have time to get to my writing.

How about you? How is you New Year going?

Oh, and if you haven't heard, California is finally getting some rain--lots of it. Rivers are overflowing everywhere, including the one behind our house.






Marilyn







4 comments:

Amy M. Bennett said...

Rain here in our part of New Mexico and a firm resolve to get cracking on Book 6 while Book 5 is (hopefully) in the publishing process. It's been an interesting turn of the year for us, hasn't it, Marilyn?

jrlindermuth said...

Glad you're finally getting some rain, Marilyn. I'm working on another Hetrick mystery and a non-fiction historical project.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Yes, Amy, things have not gone smoothly for us--but like all good writers, we just keep writing. Just like JR Lindermuth is doing.

authorlindathorne said...

I've been watching the rain in that area. Badly needed, but almost overkill with it coming all at once - and so much of it. You do put out books faster than any author friend I know. If you slowed down a bit, you'd still be well ahead of us. As for me, I'm down to zero time to write. Making plans for my future hoping to gear up a lot. Beautiful pictures.