Tuesday, November 21, 2017

A Big Confession

Because I tend to only share positive things, I know people think all is rosy in my life--my writing goes fine, I'm able to promote without a problem, and all is well.

What I will never do is jump on the political bandwagon, enough people do that, there are enough varying opinions I don't need to add my own.

When it comes to my writing, I have not had the time to put into my latest book even though it is going well--the ideas are flowing. If I actually made money for my books, I'd devote my time to them, but despite a lot of promotion and in person events, I'm not raking in the dough. I spend a lot of time on writing program designs for people wanting to open licensed facilities for people with developmental disabilities and/or mental illness, and even a few supported living programs. Why? Because I know how to do it, and I actually make some money.

Anyone who knows anything about me at all, also knows that I have a large family. And of course that means enjoying time with them whenever I can. We had visits last week with two of our daughters and their husbands who live faraway. We share our home with a granddaughter, her hubby and two kids--and believe me, I enjoy them. We have the biggest house, so Thanksgiving is always here.The ones who live nearby always come.

Oh, and of course there's my husband (same guy I've had for 66 years) and I like to spend time doing fun things with him too--though the fun things aren't quite as energetic as they once were. We do love to go to the movies, and we do all our errands together, including doc appointments.

So--though writing is an important part of my life--it really isn't the biggest part.

There's my confession.

Marilyn




Visiting a book club this past week. They'd read Deadly Omen the first in the Deputy Tempe Crabtree series. That's me in the light blue sweater. They asked the best questions, great fun!

3 comments:

Lorna Collins - said...

Your priorities are in the right order. But then, I knew that.

authorlindathorne said...

If I thought I'd make good money writing, I'd be chasing after it since money motivates me. You've accomplished a great deal in the writing field even if it's not the biggest part of your life. I read Deadly Omen a long, long while ago and still remember it - the spirits that came to Tempe. I sure envy you having so much of your family around you or visiting.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Lorna, you are so much like me in many ways.

And Linda, money neve focuses into my writing, though it would be nice if it did. Family truly is my big motivator.