Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Planning for Next Year, 2018

How many of you have actually started planning what you are going to be doing in 2018?

The truth of the matter is none of us really know what might happen in our lives to disrupt any of our plans--for tomorrow, next week, or next year. Despite that though, we all seem to look ahead.

This is what I've already done, I've registered for my favorite conference, Public Safety Writers Association. It happens in July. I love this conference because I've made so many friends who attend regularly, fellow mystery writers and folks in law enforcement and other public safety fields. And I always learn something about writing, and gather plenty of plot ideas from the speakers.

I received my first invitation to speak for a group--and that's not until May. I'm hoping to gather more speaking engagements too.

Some of the events I always attend, I'll need to wait and see what dates they come up with as too often they end up on the same weekend.

To be honest, I like to keep busy.

I'm in the process of writing a new Rocky Bluff P.D. mystery and it's going well. I haven't had as much time to work on it as I would have liked because I've been busy with the resurrection of some of my old books.

A good friend decided all my old books should be available on Amazon and she's taken on the task of re-editing them and getting them back up on Amazon. I'd taken back the rights of some of the books, others died when the publishers went belly-up.

Only one was a mystery, the first I ever wrote, The Astral Gift. She's revived two family historical sagas, Trail to Glory and Two Ways West,   my favorite book,  a romance with a touch of the supernatural, Lingering Spirit, a horror novel, Cup of Demons, a cookbook, Cooking for a Big Family, and she's working on another horror. It's been quite exciting to see these titles back on Amazon in trade paper and for Kindle. Her husband designed new covers for those that needed them.

This has been quite an adventure and some of my 2018 planning will revolve around these old books.

So what are you doing in the way of planning for 2018?

Marilyn


Isn't this new cover spectacular?





3 comments:

Lorna Collins - said...

I'm back to writing. The voices are speaking again!

Morgan Mandel said...

I try to get one book done each year. That's my plan. It's November and things like cleaning the basement so a new washer and dryer and fridge can make it inside,and the others out the door, is very time consuming.

I'm hoping I can still make my yearly deadline. Then I'll decide if I'll finish one of my romances next year or do another mystery.

Morgan

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

So glad your'e writing again, Lorna, a lot of your time was spent helping me.

And Morgan, I know too well all the household things that manage to get in the way of writing.