Tuesday, September 11, 2018

The Waiting Game

The next Rocky Bluff P.D. mystery, which I titled Tangled Webs is supposed to come out in October. Everything has been turned around with getting a new publisher (Aakenbaken and Kent) for this series. All the earlier books had to be re-edited and received new covers--the idea to make it obvious it's a series.


In the past, the latest Rocky Bluff P.D. mystery came out at the first of the year. I was far too busy with the re-editing to finish the latest and get it sent off.

The same type of things was happening with the Deputy Tempe Crabtree series--some of the earlier books needed re-editing and new covers to match the covers in the newer books. So while I was re-editing, of course the next book in the series was on hold. August has always been the month for a new Tempe to come out. Not this year.


The new cover for the very first book in the Tempe Crabtree series.

The book is finished and is called Spirit Wind and my critique group has heard it all. It's been sent out to a Beta reader. Once I hear back from her and make any changes she might suggest, I'll send it off to Mundania Press where their editor will take make the final edits.

Once both those books are out, I'll be busy with promotion. Fortunately, I am signed up for quite a few events.

In the meantime, it's time to start thinking up ideas for the next books.

How well do the rest of you do at waiting? For me, it's best to keep busy.

Marilyn

No comments: