Monday, August 3, 2009

How Many Are Too Many? What Do I Do With Them? By Morgan Mandel


I've sent out for reviews for Killer Career like crazy. Now, I have to stop and think. How many are too many?

So far, one is out, a very nice one, at
Unbound.

I've told lots of people about it online and will use snippets on my website, in my postcards, etc., but what else can I do with it and any other nice ones that come?

If I get ten more, will people get tired about hearing of my reviews, or should I keep telling everyone?

How many reviews do you try to get? What do you do with them?

Please share.

Morgan Mandel
Killer Career Now Released at Amazon.Com

7 comments:

Adele said...

i've seen a couple of fantasy authors who have a page where they take a small quote from each review then link to the whole review, same with interviews. It's nice for us to be picked up in this way and useful for them if people are considering whether to read their books.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I don't think you can have too many reviews--some are usually a lot better than others. Also some come in much later and it's a good time to remind people about your book.

Marilyn a.k.a. F. M. Meredith
http://fictionforyou.com
http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Keep gettin' them! Add to your website and press material. Save the best ones for the next revision of the book and add them then.

L. Diane Wolfe
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I like to put them in my press kit and on mailings for bookstores, etc.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Dana Fredsti said...

No so such thing as too many reviews, especially good ones!

Mark Troy said...

It's all about creating buzz. Get as many reviews as you can. Hagelrat as the right idea.

Chester Campbell said...

I have a list of ten or so review sites I can always count on, but I keep adding more as I run into them. As everybody has said, there's no such thing as too many reviews. Each new one gives you the opportunity to spread the word again. Go for it, Morgan.