Tuesday, February 12, 2019

When Nothing Goes as Planned by Marilyn Meredith



By this time I should have had a new Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery published. In fact, it should have happened last August. But as the sayings go: Stuff happens or the Best laid plans of mice and men often go astray.

There was so much going on with both my publishers wanting re-edits of earlier books, I didn't have much time to write. Finally, I had the next in the Deputy Tempe Crabtree series done and heard and critiqued by my writers group, and I sent it off to the publisher in December. I knew nothing would happen quickly because of the holidays.

However I finally got the edits--and went over them accepting most--and sent them back to the editor. And wouldn't you know it somehow they got lost in the email ether.

When  I heard nothing I once again inquired--sure enough the editor didn't receive them, they were resent.

The day I wrote this blog I heard the manuscript with the edits had been sent off to be formatted. Hooray! Then of course I'll have to go over it to check for errors, typos etc. But it is moving along.

All of this means my calendar for my new books has been switched all around with the Rocky Bluff series now coming out in the summer and the Tempe Crabtree series in the early part of the year.

Despite the setbacks, I've continued to make plans for the promotion of Spirit Wind.

Marilyn


2 comments:

Jackie Houchin said...

Well, I wish you luck as well in promoting the new Crabtree book, Marilyn. I know about "stuff happening." My MG kids collection of stories that I was working towards publication got put on the back burner when my dad died. I am sole heir, so all the estate things/decisions etc. fell to me. I still ponder the kid's stories, and will work toward publishing them when the time comes... or not, depending on how I feel God leading.
Thanks for showing us perseverance and stamina!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

It seems it's always something--but it's best to just move on when you can and do what has to be done.