Tuesday, May 28, 2019

This Has Been a Busy and Exciting Time

Because good friend Lorna Collins decided to edit and re-publish all my Deputy Tempe Crabtree mysteries since my published closed their doors, I've been busy trying to promote them. Some have new covers that were created before anyone knew Mundania was going out of business.

In an effort to introduce more people to the series, I'm going to do a free e-book promotion for the first one in the series, Deadly Omen.


That will be going on from June 10 through 14th in the Kindle store. No way can I afford a BookBub promotion, but there are many other sites who promote free e-books. The only drawback is that it takes a lot of time--many are free, but other charge minimal fees.

Of course I've also been busy promoting the latest in the series, Spirit Wind. I've been visiting varios blogs and of course posting on Facebook.

My first book signing will be on June 8th at the sweetest place in Porterville, Stafford's Chocolates on Main St. from 11 to 3.

On June 22nd, I'll be at the Tehachapi Museum from 1 to 3. That one will be fun since Spirit Wind is set in Tehachapi. I'm anxious to see how the residents feel about the mystery.

On June 29th from 1-3, I'm doing a signing here at home, Springville, at the Wild Oak Coffee Shop (across from the fire station on Bridge St. This place has the best speciality drinks and sandwiches.



In the meantime, I've finished the latest in my Rocky Bluff P.D. mystery series. It still has to be heard and critiqued by my group, then I'll have it edited before I  sent it off to the publisher.

If anyone thinks being a writer isn't work--they aren't a writer.

Marilyn



7 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Yes, being a writer is work. Also promotion can be expensive and time consuming!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Yep, Morgan, promotion is the most work of all!

authorlindathorne said...

I will always think of you as the energizer bunny of writing. I'm just amazed about how you keep churning them out. I find writing a book extremely hard work and years of it. You have a gift.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Linda, writing a book is hard--promoting even harder. But, my books are short, that helps. When the story is done, it's done.

Roman Pual said...

You have such loyal and good friend. Lorna Collins is a very good editor. I love it. Keep it up. Now it's time to avail plasti dip service for more information.

Jonny Dave said...

Your friend Lorna Collins giving you best idea. It is good for you. And you are telling about promote them in this blog. I apricate you for this. It is great idea for more success. Now it's time to avail Limo service West Palm Beach for more information.

Alex petter said...

This is a very great article. Your friend Lorna Collins outstanding editor. I want to bookmark your site for further articles. Now it's time to availChauffeur Service Houstonfor more information.