Tuesday, December 24, 2019

"Twas the Night Before Christmas...."

Wishing you all the merriest of Christmasses.

How do you spend Christmas Eve?

Over the years, what we've done has changed. When the kids were little, they got to open one present before they went to bed. No one got much sleep. Once they were gone, often it was time to put some of the gifts together. I remember once, one of the kids got something so complicated, it too all night to have it ready.

Now, with our children all grown up, two of our grown children and their spouses join us, plus one of our son's son, wife,  and two of his kids, and our granddaughter and husband, and their three girls. We have dinner, then open presents. Nowadays, because our family has gotten so huge, we draw names.  Opening presents doesn't take so long, and everyone can go do other things if they are so inclined.

Do any of you writers continue with your writing chores during Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

For me, it's celebrating the birth of Christ and enjoying family.

Soon we'll be beginning a brand new year, 2020! Hard to believe.

Have the best of whatever you  celebrate at this time of year.

And Happy New Year!



8 comments:

Lorna Collins - Author said...

Church on Christmas Eve. Our Christmas Day was very quiet. We prepared the house for the big family celebration on the 28th when everyone could be here.

authorlindathorne said...

Our kids and grand kids are scattered all over the United States, so my husband and I went out for an early Christmas Eve dinner and opened presents the next day. The kids all call around this time of year. We do Facetime with most of them and it's sort of like being there.

Very wise, that you started drawing names. I can't even imagine wrapping and mailing gifts to everyone any more.The commercial part of the holidays can be draining and less is better to us these days. I can't even imagine wrapping a ton of gifts any more. As far as writing, I did zilch. It's going to be a huge New Years resolution though. I always enjoy hearing your family stories.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Thanks, Lorna and Linda for chiming in. Our Christmasses have changed so much over the years, but they've all been good. The only one I wasn't thrilled with was when I had to work a split-shift at the phone company and the kids opened all their gifts while I was gone.

Braddie G said...

We celebrated Christmas in a very same way! Happy new year to you, Lorna. We decorated the house and arranged a small in-house party on Christmas eve. We invited relatives, friends, neighbors for the celebration. It was great fun this year!
Much Love,
Etizolam RX

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Glad to hear from you all! Happiest of New Years!

Morgan Mandel said...

I've been very neglectful of my writing and hope that I'll do better in 2020. Seems I spend too much time on Facebook, cleaning the house, and most of all, walking my dog, Buster. For sure, that last item I will not give up i favor of writing. However, I could cut back on the others. lol

Daniel Biggs said...

Wishing you all the merriest of Christmases. Our Christmasses have changed so much over the years, but they've all been good. The only one I wasn't thrilled with was when I had to work a split-shift at the phone company and the kids opened all their gifts while I was gone.

Buy zopiclone online

Online Teer said...

Thanks for the useful post.
Satta King Faridabad
Satta King Ghaziabad