Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Latest Deputy Tempe Crabtree Mystery Now Live!



I did it! For a while I wasn't sure I'd actually get there, not because of COVID-19, but I couldn't seem to get myself motivated to finish it.  My writing group is not meeting right now and I've grown quite dependent upon their critiques and feedback. Yes, I did sent it out to them via email for their input, but it isn't the same.

Finally, my good friend, editor and publisher, Lorna Collins prodded me a bit and I buckled down and finished it. She's a great editor and once she went over it and I did the fixes, and ran some questions by her, the book was sent off to Amazon. (Her husband designed the cover.)

I had to make some hard decisions with this book. The big one was will it be the last? Even now I'm not sure, as I've got an idea developing for another. One of the reasons I've been thinking about whether the series should end or not is my age. I feel great--well, mostly--but it is getting harder to do the promotion part of writing. (And all the in-person events for now have been cancelled, even a book fair I usually do in October.) Though we're all hoping to see the end of this virus soon--who know how long it will be?

Life goes on despite the changes we're facing. I'm fortunate in having lots of family in my home and close by, so I'm not lonely. I do miss the ones that live afar though and will be thankful when we can all visit.

So, about the new book. The End of the Trailis available on Amazon for Kindle and in print.



To buy:

https://www.amazon.com/Trail-Tempe-Crabtree-Mysteries-Book-ebook/dp/B087ZQMZ8P/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=End+of+the+Trail+by+Marilyn+Meredith&qid=1588683782&s=digital-text&sr=1-1

What are you  up to these days?

Marilyn


4 comments:

Shaban said...

Ayy, congratulations on the book. Hope you and your family are doing well in these hard times!


https://aab-edu.net/

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Thank you, Shaban. And we're managing, though I'll be glad when it's all over.

Morgan Mandel said...

Good for you! Another book published! Yes, the promotion part is a drag. Lots of competition out there. Also, right now we can't really go many places.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Yep, Morgan, not easy these days.