I do have a good excuse though, I am crazy busy.
I took my rights back for my Rocky Bluff P.D. mystery series. I loved the publisher, but he's just too busy with life and too many authors to work with.
The books are all being re-edited and self-published. The re-editing and the actual publishing are being done by my good friend, Lorna Collins, and her hubby is doing the covers.
My part in all this is going over each book for any more errors, typos and in some cases bits of the plot that need to be fixed. The ones being done first, are the books the old publisher hadn't gotten to yet.
The first on, Angel Lost, is one of my favorites in the series for many reasons.
As usual, there is a lot of family things going:
1. Officer Felix Zachary's wife, Wendy, is having problems as a new mother.
2. Sergeant Navarro's mother may have Alzheimer's.
3. Officer Ryan Strickland receives some unsettling news about the new baby he and his wife are expecting.
4. A man is exposing himself to unsuspecting females jogging on the beach.
5. Officer Stacey Wilbur is busily planning her wedding to Detective Doug Milligan
6. The newest officer on the RBPD has an underlying problem no one knows about.
7. The vision of an angel is making a nightly appearance in the window of a downtown store.
8. Gordon Butler does an heroic deed.
As I was going over this book, when I came to the end, I shed a tear. Sounds crazy, but it had been a long time since I'd revisited Angel Lost.
Some of the situations were based on events that actually happened--of course with a new spin.
If you haven't read it yet, it can be found on Amazon for Kindle and in print.
Marilyn though I write this series as F. M. Meredith.