Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Time for a Redo on My Website

Over the years, I've had many changes done to my website. Once I'd finished the re-editing and self-publishing of all my books (with a lot of help), I realized I needed to update my website as much of the information, the books covers and the links were wrong.

I also wanted it to be de-cluttered. I didn't need the first chapter posted, and certainly not the places I'd be appearing as this isn't happening this year. 

I toyed with the idea of building a website from scratch so I could up date it myself, but decided that would be daunting even if I used Blogger or another of the do-it-yourself sites. Not easy when you have over 40 published books.  So I contacted the gal who has served as my web-maven for the last I'm not sure how many years and told her what I wanted.

Fortunately, she agreed, so now the updated website is ready. I'm sure I may find things to tweak, but it looks so much better.

You can check it our yourself: http://fictionforyou.com/ And yes, I kept them same URL because it's on all my business cards.  (Though now I really need to make new ones. Oh, well, one big project at a time.)

If you see something that should be changed, feel free to let me know.

And now I have time to get back to my writing.

Marilyn aka F. M. Meredith

The last (or is it) in the Deputy Tempe Crabtree series.




4 comments:

Jackie Houchin said...

The new website looks nice. Easy to see and follow. I bought your short story Resurrection. It kind of reminds me of a kid's story I'm writing about a Bible thief mystery with some kids who try to solve it.

I so admire you for all you do. You are an inspiration.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Jackie, thank you for the kind words--I am really slowing down though. I keep getting up earlier so I can get all the things done that I need to do.

Morgan Mandel said...

The new website is attractive and nicely organized. Since you have so many books, it had to have taken tons of work!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I didn't do the work, Morgan, paid my webmistress to to do it. Way too much for me.