Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Oh, My. I've Sent Off My Manuscript to First Readers

 

I thought this would be the last in the series, but I was wrong.

Yep, this is nervous time. 

This is the next offering in the Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery series. I really thought when I finished End of the Trail that would be the last one in the series. However another idea popped into my head, and I was off and running. Well, not really running, but working away on my computer.

While I was writing, I was having fun like I always do when I'm writing. And I don't know about the rest of  you writers, but when I'm done, or think I am, I begin to have doubts.

I'm doing something different this time. After going over it myself and finding lots of misspelled words and other things I had to fix, I decided to send it off to two friends who'd long ago offered to take a first look at a manuscript. I've done it. It's now in their hands, and yes, I'm wondering if they'll even like it.

We'll see. 

By the time this appears, I will have returned from a research trip to Temecula, to check and see if some of the things I included in the books will really work.  Yes, this latest takes place in Temecula, one of my favorite cities in lower Southern California. I have relatives who live in and around there, so I'm familiar with the area, though I wrote about parts I haven't seen. I also made up a place and I needed to see if it actually works as I wrote it. More about that in a later post. 

Hopefully, by the time this is posted, I'll know what I have to do on the newest Tempe tale.

Marilyn

6 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

As yet, I've not heard anything. Hope to soon.

Lorna Collins - Author said...

Do you have a title?

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Yes, Lorna, I do. It's a great one too.

authorlindathorne said...

I kind of thought you might have problems giving up on the Tempe Crabtree series. I have an author friend who edits for grammar/spelling errors like anyone else would do, but then she takes an extra step. She takes a ruler and goes line by line starting at the end of the book and going backward. She doesn't have any extra words, missed words, misspelled, etc., which I always expect from most books I read (even the top sellers). Apparently, the idea is if you only go through it from the beginning, you get caught up in your story, which also catches you up in what you know was "meant" to be said and you can miss needed corrections. If you go backward, then mistakes stand out because you're not also reading your story.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I've heard of people doing that, but I've never tried it.

Biggy Smallssss said...

Nice post, good job! 150ug LSD Blotters