Tuesday, December 14, 2021

All the Changes 2021 Has Brought


 This has definitely been a year of changes. And we can blame some of them on that dratted Covid.

So many meetings are no longer being held in person which results in the lack of friendly exchange and companionship. And I do miss my writers' meetings. I had three I attended every month: San Joaquin Sisters in Crime, Tulare-Kings Writers, and my own weekly writers group.

When I was writing Christmas cards, I realized how many of my friends are no longer with us--and I guess that's to be expected when you're old as I am.

Changes are being made in the way we celebrate Christmas, as family members have decided to try something new.

Lots of book fairs have not been held, though it looks like some of them are trying to reorganize for 2022. 

Some libraries have reopened, many have not.

I can't blame my lack of writing time on Covid--I've just been too busy with other writing chores--and caring for my husband. At 91 he is having lots of difficulties and requires more of my attention in many ways. 

Life has always been full of changes, but I think there have been many more this past year.

No matter what's going on in your life, I hope you'll have some happy times during this holiday season.

And for those who celebrate Christmas, to you I say Merry Christmas/

Marilyn

No comments: