Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Have Neglected My Turn to Post


 And I have a lot of excuses--I've really been busy. Unfortunately, not from writing my next Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery. I wish that were the excuse.

No, I've had many other things I've had to get done, including caring for my husband, the most important of all. We're both up there in age which means it take me long to do most anything.

Happily, I am in good health and my brain still functions--though I confess a bit slower.

Yes, I rally want to get back to writing.

I have been doing some promoting on the Internet for my latest and I think, last Rocky Bluff P.D. mystery, REVERSAL OF FORTUNE. I've nearly finished a virtual book tour--which has resulted in some sales. 

I had so much fun writing REVERAL OF FORTUNE, and using what I learned about fortune tellers in this tale. I also tied up some loosed ends, and I think I left the readers enough clues that they can imagine what happens next in the personal lives of the ongoing characters. Believe me, it is hard to leave all those people.

And I've been lamenting the fact there hasn't been many opportunities for in-person events. In the past, there were always some library events to participate in. Covid ended most of those in our part of Califonia. 

My author's life has definitely changed. 

Marilyn who also wrote the Rocky Bluff P.D. series as F.M. Meredith


4 comments:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I relate. My husband and I are going through a move back to California from Portugal, while at the same time my new cozy mystery is about to be released in August, and I'm trying to get the word out around cleaning and packing - and, as you say, I do things more slowly than I used to.

Still, it's good to have a full life, wouldn't you agree?

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I am never bored--but wish I had the energy I had even 5 years ago.

Alina jonas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Morgan Mandel said...

I don't always feel the urge anymore to write, but when I do, I really get into it.