Tuesday, November 1, 2022

When Life Gets Bumpy

 Though I’ve hoped to be nearly finished with what I’m planning to be the latest and last of my Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery series, life has gotten in the way.

Hubby when I first met him on a blind date.

October 24th was our 71st wedding anniversary, and we didn’t do anything special to celebrate. We’d had a huge family celebration for our 70th, but the bumpy part to life interfered with any desire to celebrate other than to congratulate each other for lasting as long as we have.

Now the big bump—our second oldest daughter, Lisa, was having trouble breathing, she went to a local clinic and was sent immediately to a bigger hospital than the one nearby. She was admitted with having heart problems. They kept her a few days, sent her home, and two nights in a row she couldn’t breathe. She sat up all night. Went back to the same hospital where she had open heart surgery and it was discovered she had scar tissue on her heart which meant she’d had heart attacks in the past. She was in the hospital for many days—had fluid on her heart and in her lungs. Believe me when I say it was a very scary time; I prayed and prayed.

She finally got to come home but has many restrictions as to what she can and can’t do including what she eats, home health nurse and physical therapist visits, lots of medication, and doctor appointments. But she looks and sounds so much better.

Lisa drove me to all my book events and conferences. We always had so much fun together. Now I’m thrilled to be able to go to her house and have a long visit.

Life has changed in so many ways.

Since Lisa is getting better each and every day, I will get back to my writing now.

And since since Veteran's Day is coming up, I'm reminded my hubby is a 20 year veteran having served in the Seabees all over the world, including three tours in Vietnam. I'm blessed to still have him with me.

Marilyn

 

1 comment:

authorlindathorne said...

So, sorry about your daughter. The medical world can do a lot these days and hope the best for her. A 71st wedding anniversary? Now that's something to celebrate. Congratulations. Bet you're glad you accepted that blind date.