Thursday, January 26, 2023

No Excuse for not posting

 Well actually I have a lot of exuses as to why I haven't done my regular posting on this blog.

First, my 2nd daughter had a huge heart problem, nearly died. She wentt home and in a couple of days had to go back--this time she had open heart surgery. Thankfully, she is doing well now--not 100% but oh, so much better.

From before Thanksgiving and almost to New Years Eve, I was really sick with bronchitis. I was prescribed two antibiotics and they didn't do anything for me. 

On New Year's Day I actually felt like myself. So much so, I made my annual pot of seafood gumbo. All together we had 21 people here to enjoy it. It was a bit harder to do because I went to church first, so the cooking was later than usual. May not do it again--it's expensive and I'm getting old. Might just make a small batch for just a few.

During all the time and into this year, I had a lot of requests to do program designs for people want to start residential facities. Most were in the area where I do the most work, but some were for other areas. Takes a lot of time. I have to look up reguations and figure out what each regional center wants in the program design. 

Then my house phone went on the blitz and I didn't know it, so probably missed some calls. It's fixed now. 

I'm about halfway through writing my latest and last Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery, and I've finally had time to do some work on it. Not sure how it's going to end--which of two suspects will end up being the murderer.

Anyway, forgive me you folks who follow this blog. I'll try to do better in the future.

Marilyn



3 comments:

Susan said...

Marilyn, you do more than just about anyone I know - including me! You are a marvel and an inspiration. Keep on going and don't apologize.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Thank you Susan, but I'm so used to doing so much each day, it is hard for me to realize I can't do what I used to.

Jonny Dave said...

I read your blog. In blog you are telling about your daughter health. I pray for your daughter. She will very soon recover her health. Now it's time to avail Luxury Limo Services in Long Beach CA for more information.