Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Uh-Oh

by Janis Patterson
Today is my posting day. Every first and third Wednesday. Ooops! Usually I have my blogs written and scheduled ahead of time, but today…

What are we to do when life revolts and takes over? These days writers are expected to do so much more than just write. Currently my WIP is gathering dust as I fight a horrendous allergy attack, deal with self-publishing and publicizing my newest release, THE FAIR AMAZON, a traditional Regency romance written as Janis Susan May, publicizing several other recent releases, trying to work out a publicity system that The Husband (my assistant-in-training) can take over without too much pain, and on top of everything else deal with real life. The Husband’s car is in the shop, so I have had to add chauffeur to my lists of duties, and though he is very supportive and easygoing, he does expect to be fed every night. And I won’t even go into the hospital visits and helping out visits to various friends and relatives who are in even worse straits than I.

So how do we as writers deal with it?

My forte is to forget things. Again – ooops.

A very wise person once said, As you get older, your metabolism slows down, but don’t worry – time speeds up to compensate.

I wish it wouldn’t compensate so much. It’s distressing to see your life fly by at such a supersonic rate.


Anyway, this is a long, convoluted and probably terribly misspelt and ungrammatical apology for a mistake I will probably make again, though hopefully far in the future. I will be better. (I do wish there were one of those cute little typographical symbols for crossed fingers!)

1 comment:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

A common complaint for us all. Well said.