Monday, September 9, 2013

A Confession

I have a confession to make.
Maybe you want to sit down for this one.
Okay, here goes...

I'm a multi-genre author. I write and read more than one genre. You may be gasping by now, since you no doubt realize that writing in more than one genre is said to dilute a brand.

That may be true, but I can't help it. I'm fascinated not only by romance, but also mysteries and thrillers, even science fiction.

I've been known to combine them to make things more confusing, such as in the first of the Always Young Trilogy, Forever Young: Blessing or Curse, a combination thriller/science fiction, with a touch of romance.

No, the characters don't explore other planets, but they do take a pill to turn their ages back, and we do know that no such pill exists. If so, somebody is closely guarding that secret.

In Blessing or Curse, my short story collection sequel to Forever Young: Blessing or Curse, I switched to mainly romance/science fiction, telling the story about five people taking that turn-back-the-age pill. I also made the short stories available not only in the collection, but also separately, as you can see from the covers below. So, I even switched formats. Wow, even more daring than combining genres!



If we go back to my other novels, you'll find Two Wrongs, my debut mystery with romantic elements, followed by Girl of My Dreams, a romantic comedy, followed by Killer Career, a romantic suspense, then followed by Her Handyman, another romantic comedy.

What will I write next? Well, I'm leaning toward a sequel to Her Handyman, since one of the characters advised me she'd love to have her own story told.

Then, there's Always Young, the last of the Always Young trilogy to do, which I must complete, since it was promised, and I won't go back on a promise. I'm leaning toward making that one a thriller, as in the first of the trilogy, but will most likely include romance somewhere along the way, and of course, science fiction.


I almost forgot to mention I may write a book about my dog, Rascal. Not sure yet if it will be for adults or children. After all, I did give her a Facebook page. Why not? Other dogs have one and I didn't want her to be left out.

http://www.facebook.com/ourlittlerascal







To learn more about my available novels, I invite you to check out my website at http://www.morganmandel.com and my Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/author/morganmandel 


Twitter: @MorganMandel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/morgan.mandel


What about you? Do you stick to one genre?



No comments: