Monday, July 20, 2009

The Mystery of the Pigeon by Morgan Mandel

I'm sitting at the Corner Bakery at the train station trying to fit in what writing I can before walking to the office.

As I'm typing on my computer, a pigeon walks by. Nothing unusual about seeing a pigeon, but what makes this sighting different is I'm indoors at the Ogilvie Transportation Centre, a huge building.

When you write a mystery, have fun by inserting objects or clues that don't quite fit right away, but later when you unravel the story, they make perfect sense.

I'm still trying to figure out the mystery of how this pigeon got in here. Maybe there's a hole in the ceiling. Maybe it got in through the swinging doors downstairs. Maybe it got in through the depot side, but then it would still have to fly inside the other swinging doors from the depot to the train station proper and down the hallway to the Corner Bakery.

This is one mystery I may never solve. Do you know of any real life mysteries you've never figured out?

4 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Where socks disappear to during the laundry cycle? :)

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

L. Diane Wolfe said...

The mystery of the excessive coat hangers - what do those guys DO in the closet, breed?

L. Diane Wolfe
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net

Morgan Mandel said...

I know about the socks mystery. It happens to me almost every wash day.

The coat hangers - all of mine must be over at Diane's. I've got the opposite problem. I can never find mine. So, we the coat hanger mystery is solved.

The socks one is still running rampant in more places than we could imagine.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Yep, I think washers eat socks.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com