Tuesday, May 22, 2012

So Much for Schedules and What's Coming Next

The first and third Tuesday of the month are my days to post--but I didn't get around to doing mine last Tuesday so I'm making up for it now.

I didn't really forget, I just got swept out to sea. Not really, of course, but I've felt that way.

My computer didn't crash, but would have soon. My Word and email just weren't acting right. After 3 days with techs in India and one from Microsoft (also in India) the conslusion was that my Windows were corrupted. This meant everything was wiped out and new Windows installed. All my files were gone. Fortunately, I have Mozy which is an offsite back-up program and I was able to get all my files back and into the right places. (Though writing it sounds like it was all easy, I can tell you that I spent 3 days of anxiety, stress, screaming--yes--and crying.)

Of couse my to-do list grew and grew while all this was going on. I've managed to whittle it down a bit, but of course new chores keep jumping on the list.

I do have some news though. My publisher is going to republish two of the earlier books in the Rocky Bluff P.D. series, Fringe Benefits and Smell of Death.

This series has gone through a transition through the past years. The earlier books are much darker than the latest four.

Fringe Benefits is about a very bad cop. Some of the characters in later books are in this one, plus some who've disappeared over the years--and I don't think I said where they went.

Smell of Death is about a missing child and the beginnng of the romance between Officer Stacey Wilbur and Detective Doug Milligan.

For now though, if you haven't dipped into any of the Rocky Bluff P.D. crime novels you might want to read the latest, No Bells. None of the books in this series have to bead in order--each one is complete in itself. Though there's a murder in No Bells, this book definitely has its lighter moments.

It's available as a trade paperback from Amazon and Barnes and Nobel, and for an autographed copy you can order from my website http://fictionforyou.com/ and it's also availabe for Kindle and the Nook. Remember I wrote it as F.M. Meredith.

Hopefully things will settle down a bit, and I'll try to post on the correct day next month.

Marilyn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Marilyn, just reading what happened to you and your computer increases my blood pressure. I hope all is well, and accounted for. Now, breathe in, slowly, and do whatever makes you smile. You deserve it!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Fortunately, everything was backed up on Mozy, and though it took a bit for me to figure out how to do it, everything went right back where it was supposed to be.