Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Having a .99 cent sale on Murder in the Worst Degree



Thanks to the pandemic we are all stuck at home. Writing conferences and conventions have been cancelled as have many book and craft fairs. So what are we to do as far as promoting our books?

For me I'm still writing and sending out my monthly newsletter, posting on Facebook, writing new posts for this blog, and another I'm on monthly, and my own personal blog. https://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com/  I welcome other authors to be a guest on my blog.

And, I've decided to offer the newly updated and with a new cover Kindle copy of Murder in the Worst Degree for .99cents from April 20 through April 24.


This is one of my all time favorites in the Rocky Bluff P.D. series, for several reasons. I love the members of the tiny police department located in the fictional beach community of Rocky Bluff. I love writing about them and what's going on with their families and those they love. I enjoyed the new characters who appear in this book, including the old guys who hang out in McDonald's and the strange homeless lady.

When I wrote this, despite contacting Amazon, the reviews from the old version have not been moved to the new version, so I'm posting one of my favorite reviews here:

Although Murder in the Worst Degree is the tenth book in F.M. Meredith’s Rocky Bluff PD series, you don’t need to have read the nine previous novels to pick up on the action. I think the several characters would’ve been easier to keep track of if you’d read the earlier books, though, so this is a hint that you might want to read a couple of those first. It doesn’t take long before you learn who is who, however. And you'll find the setting—the California coast—so vividly depicted you can almost taste the salt air. I loved the foggy scenes.

The story begins with a couple surfer dudes discovering the battered body of an elderly man in the water. Turns out he didn’t drown, which brings a murder investigation to the fore. Suspects are rampant. The men and women of the Rocky Bluff PD are soon knee deep in not only contending with the murder, but with a new chief of police, and what may be a serial rapist on the loose. Then an earthquake hits. Good stuff, for sure.

F.M. Meredith ties up all the loose ends concerning the mysteries, and doesn’t neglect the drama of her character’s lives in this most enjoyable short novel.
--C.K. Crigger

5 Stars
If you haven't read Murder in the Worst Degree  yet, I hope you'll give it a try.
Marilyn Meredith who writes the Rocky Bluff P.D. series as F. M. Meredith

P. S. All the reviews were moved.


No comments: