Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Yes, I'm Behind

My only excuse is I've been really, really busy--and then I was tired.

My days are really full--especially the mornings when my mind is clear and ready to work. This is my ideal time to write. However, I've been busy with other pursuits and "have-to's" leaving no good time for my work in progress. And yes there is one.

I'm nearing the end of the first draft of my latest Rocky Bluff P.D. mystery. It's been a fun one. Some insights, The RBPD is still dealing with the effects of the pandemic,the city council is unhappy with decisions Police Chief Taylor made,  a fortune teller and a philandering husband have been murdered, the mayor's daughter must choose between living with her father and her aunt, and as usual, life has it's many ups and downs for those living in Rocky Bluff.

I've also been planning a trip to Las Vegas--not for fun, but to attend my last Public Safety Writers Association board meeting. Though I hope to have helpful input, I'm also looking forward to spending time with the board members, most of whom are long-time friends.

While I'm in Vegas, I plan to see my sister and a few members of her family since they live there. I never do all the other things people go to Las Vegas for.

When I get home, it will be time to do my taxes--not something I'm looking forward to, except getting them done.

And this is my life as an author--not anything like I dreamed about. However, not matter what is going on, I still love the excitement of creating another world, and getting to visit with the characters I've spent so much time with other the years.

How is your February going?

Marilyn


2 comments:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

You certainly have a lot on your plate right now! Glad you are working on a book, though. Re: Las Vegas, we (my husband and I) don't go to Vegas on our own. We went once as part of a company celebration, and the fun part was being with friends we liked and catching up on news. And as part of the celebration, a lot of cool activities had been planned that we really enjoyed. So I have good memories of that trip.

Morgan Mandel said...

You are one busy gal! I don't know how you manage to get so many books done!