Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Reasons for My Absence

Yes, I know, excuses, excuses, but these are good ones.

My husband of nearly 72 years passed away on April 1st after going to the hospital and then a nursing home. During that time we had a massive flood in our little town of Springville, ruined homes along the river, took out two bridges and closed the highway for a day. Our home was untouched because we sit high above tge river, 

I was injured at the end of husband's celebration of life, hurt my tailbone and ribs. Still recovering.

I also attended the Public Safety Writers Association's annual conference, which was wonderful. So nice to see old friends and make new ones. 

My husband and I were both honored at the conference. For years he helped with book sales. I was prsented with a plaque in his name, and a picture collage of him working the books sales over the years.

An award was created for the best published book called the Marilyn Meredith Excellence Award.  A big surpise.

Of course I miss my husband for so many reasons--he's been a part of my life since I was 17. 

Hopefully, I can get back on track with my writing now.

Marilyn

3 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

It can't be easy for you to carry on after such an enormous loss. Hopefully, your family and friends will be of help to you. Also, by concentrating on writing you can enter an alternate world for a while.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Thanks for your comments, Morgan. It's not easy, but I do have lots of help.
Writing does help.

Thanks for your comment yinkmerfull.

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Hang in there, my friend. Praying God puts the resources you need in your path and brings you peace and comfort in the days ahead.