Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Guess What? I'm on Vacation!

When this appears I'll be in Murrieta CA visiting my eldest daughter and son-in-law with the added treat of spending time with two of my grandchildren, their spouses and five great grandchildren. Nothing better!

Me and daughter Dana on vacation another time.
Coming along with me will be my hubby and middle daughter who is kind enough to do the driving chores. (To get to where we're going we have to travel through too much Southern California traffic, something neither hubby nor I are willing to do any more.)

When ever we go there, daughter plans our days--and I know we'll be visiting interesting places, perhaps Old Town Temecula, going to a couple of movies, eating out, swimming, and best of all, lots of family time.

To tie this into mystery, for those of you who don't know, Temecula is where Erle Stanley Gardner had a ranch and wrote many books--usually four at a time. He had four secretaries he dictated them too--one he was romantically involved with. I read a lot of his mysteries, especially those with Perry Mason and Della Street. (Also loved the TV series.)

Will I be doing any work? A little probably. I always check email wherever I am and will respond to what is needed. I'll promote this blog and another I'm on. Because I'm just beginning a new Rocky Bluff P.D., I'll probably talk to Dana and her daughter Genie (who are both fans of the series), about what they might like see happen to the characters this time around. And since I'm making up a religious sect, I'll get some ideas for that from them.

And for any culprits who might read this--even though we're goine, my son and his wife aren't, and they live on our property.  Anyone who has seen my son and his dogs won't foolishly come around for any of the wrong reasons.

Son Matthew, his dog redwood, and some friends.
When I get back, I'll let you know how much fun I had. We don't go on many vacations--mostly when we leave it's to go to some book event.

Summer is coming, time to plan on reading some of the great mysteries that the authors on this blog have written.

You might want to try the latest in my Rocky Bluff P.D. series, Violent Departures--available on Amazon.


Marilyn aka F. M. Meredith

6 comments:

Jean Henry Mead said...

Enjoy your vacation, Marilyn. You deserve some time off.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Thank you, Jean. We are already enjoying ourselves.

authorlindathorne said...

Nice, colorful display of pictures here on your blog post gave me a smile. Sounds like a fun trip. When I lived in California, one of the things I noticed about the state was it was so big, and had so many places to go, that you could go on lots of vacations without ever leaving the State.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

You are right, Linda, you can go to all sort os different vacation spots in California. We went to Temecula's Old Twon yesterday and it is fun with lots of fun shops.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Morgan Mandel said...

You always do interesting things on vacation. Love that huge dog!